Learning how to defy our limits (this month) is an important part of living a happier and healthier life. June is Professional Wellness Month at Incrediwear, a dedication to health and well being. The mind and body go hand-in-hand. If your mind is not in a good place, it can be difficult to get your body into a good place. So we've compiled some tips, gathered from various sources, to help with creating a healthier you this month and beyond.
1. Develop a sense of contentment – It's easy to look and focus on the negative things in life. However, taking time to think about what is good in our lives can give us the motivation to be active, move around, and create a healthier physicality. By engaging the mind in uplifting thoughts, exercising and staying active becomes more fulfilling.
2. Do something brand new – One of the best ways to begin practicing a better you and developing a greater sense of well-being is to step out and do something you've never attempted. One way to do this is what is known as a "Deadline Party." Get a group of friends together and make a plan for you all to do something that is result oriented. This can be anything from a fitness goal to an art project. But agree on an allotted time (3 weeks to 3 months). Then at the end of the allotted time come together and have a party!
3. Beat the heat – It may be summer, but that does not mean you have to sleep in all the time. Set your alarm to rise early and get active while it's still cool outside. By getting up early and becoming active, you can engage your mind with your body to feel a sense of accomplishment. Feeling a sense of accomplishment can improve your health by establishing more of a sense of self-worth in you.
4. Laugh and have fun – Isn't this what summer is for? For many of us, balancing work and play can be difficult, but it can be so crucial to our well-being. So find time, even at work to laugh with co-workers, and spend time laughing with friends. Laughter reduces the level of stress, and releases epinephrine (adrenaline) and dopamine. This increases the production of serotoninand endorphins, which reduce the effects of stress.
5. Get comfortable with you – Take time to reflect this month on the fact that nobody can be you, but you. Self-esteem and self-confidence can generate motivation to remain active. It can also motivate you to test your own limitations in the way you think, move, and live. Take time to reflect on what you want, and what you need. This is not selfish thing. It can actually help you invest more in relationships and communicate who you are as a person, which can elevate your health and well-being.